Here at Kenwood Complete Dentistry, we believe that dental implants are the best alternative for missing teeth. We offer implant crowns, bridges, or dentures, depending on your dental needs. Whether you're missing one tooth or several, dental implants can restore your mouth to a natural, healthy state.
WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Dental implants are titanium “roots” placed in the bone to help replace missing teeth. Dental implants are used to replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or a full arch of teeth.
BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
Dental implants provide many advantages over other options like bridges, partial dentures or dentures. Some of these advantages include:
· FUNCTION AND DURABILITY
A dental implant mimics the tooth-root structure to maximize your ability to eat, chew, and speak with full confidence. With dental implants, patients don’t suffer increased sensitivity or tooth decay.
Bone tissue grows around the implant for seamless integration into your smile.
The implant will look and feel like a natural tooth.
Implant crowns, bridges, or dentures can be made with all-ceramic materials for a totally natural look.
Because they are made of titanium, they cannot get decay, which adds to their longevity. With proper oral hygiene, dental implants typically greatly outlast the alternatives of a bridge, partial, or full dentures.
WHEN ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS USED?
Here are some scenarios in which dental implants are usually used:
· Dental implants have become the standard of care for replacing a broken or missing tooth because we no longer have to damage the two adjacent teeth just to replace a single tooth (as is the case with a bridge).
· Dental implants can help support and stabilize full and partial dentures, making them much more functional as well as comfortable. Implant-supported dentures give patients confidence and comfort because you don’t have to worry about the dentures slipping or having to use messy adhesives.
OUR EXPERIENCE IN DENTAL IMPLANTS
Dr. Pelchovitz has successfully placed over 1,000 dental implants. His advanced training and deep experience ensure that your smile benefits from the latest techniques and materials for the most lifelike, beautiful dental implants.
THE DENTAL IMPLANT PROCEDURE
Depending on your specific situation, the implant process can take between 3 to 12 months. It is important to know that you will not go without a tooth or teeth during that time if the space is visible. We make sure it’s always an embarrassment-free process for our patients. Here are a few more ways that Kenwood Complete Dentistry is a top choice for your dental implant procedure:
· All of the procedures are done in our office so there is no need to go from one office to another, as is the case with most local dental practices.
· We use the latest technology in 3D imaging to minimize any risks to your sinuses or nerves.
· If patients are anxious for these procedures, we offer oral sedation (pills) and nitrous oxide (laughing gas).
There are a variety of uses of dental implants, ranging from replacing a single tooth to a full arch of teeth. See some of the treatments below. Your doctor will be happy to discuss these as they pertain to your needs.
Dental implant to replace a single missing tooth
Locator retained overdentures provide the easiest and least expensive solution to secure a full or partial arch of teeth. Anywhere from 2-6 implants would be necessary for this treatment.
Bar retained overdentures provide incredible stability, function and cleansability when replacing a full arch of teeth.
A fixed hybrid denture is the most like your natural teeth since it is not removable. Only a dentist can remove this appliance.